Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Mass Effect! Finally!

Another day, another.. Thing, to talk about I guess.

If you've read my previous entries you'll know that I had a test in social studies today, it actually went rather well! Probably not. I think I might have saved myself from that "F". What are you? Stupid? You failed.


...

Yeah I probably didn't do super good, but I'm hoping to at least pass this, that way I have shot.

Since I didn't have any more studies I decided to sit down and play some Mass Effect 3, which I am hoping to finish this week.

When you're not in fast and unforgiving firefights, you actually get to see and hear a lot of small talk, gossip, rumors and some other stuff,. This is the thing that makes this game, and the ones before it, so special. At least to me, since I need a good story in order to enjoy a game. I remember overhearing James and Garrus (human and alien allies) talking about all the different "epic" stuff they had done for the galaxy and in different lines of work. I stayed in the background and watched the discussion unfold, then it stopped, at the time it seemed rather short, so I went about with business.

I came back to the same spot about 30 seconds later just to hear them starting a second part, this made me smile extremely wide (no, seriously, I looked like a fucking moron) and I stayed for this as well. Then when it stopped, I went into another room for about 2 seconds and returned just to hear the last part of the argument.

I know this may sound weird, or right down stupid to some people. But for me, gaming is like watching a movie that you get to interact with, which I sincerely enjoy. Games have made me cry, where movies haven't, they've made me feel more happy than any movie ever have. So for me, gaming isn't just a hobby, it's something I partially do to get away from reality a while, but also to experience the feelings of the character you play.

I'm probably gonna end this here so I don't bore you to death, I just felt like writing this.

Oh, and before I go, would you guys like to see a Mass Effect 3 review coming up here soon? It's all up to you to decide yes or no.

Thanks for reading, I'll see you guys next time!

12 comments:

  1. I agree, Mass Effect is one of those games that you can get really absorbed in. I like how they let you play any style you like, too- sniper, stealth, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, the options on how you choose to play are endless. That's why I love these games so much!

      Delete
  2. After playing the first, I really think that it would be wise to jump into the second at some point.
    Possibly after all the poor media from the final game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my opinion, a lot of that media is unfair. The ending has been trashed a lot, I haven't seen it yet so I don't know what to expect. You'll however always find flaws in games, ME is not any different.

      I suppose in comparison to the first two, which I have played, Mass Effect 3 seemed a bit... Rushed.

      Delete
  3. Mass Effect is one of my favorites. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too, can't wait to see what Bioware releases next.

      Delete
  4. Nice blogging bro, I can see you have a style close to mine which I like.
    I answered your question on my blog so go check it out, I explained what you asked.
    Keep postin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the answer!

      I really appreciate the positive feedback on the blogging, it gives me an idea of how to write my stuff.

      Delete
  5. That's exactly the way I feel about games. I love all those subtle details any I can't get enough story. I want to completely submerge myself in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome to see someone else with the same perception of games! I'm in the end stretch on Earth right now, expect the review sometime early next week. =)

      Delete